Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life on the road " Pit Bulls"

 We are the proud owners of an American Pit Bull and her name is "Monet" . She is a loving, sweet and loyal pet. She loves attention from people and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. I dislike it when people have construed ideas of what pit bulls are like. I know that many are scared of this breed of animal, but pit bulls that are raised as  domesticated animals are very much like any other dog. Unfortunately, Pit bulls have gotten a bad rap over the years, from people who have raise them to fight in dog fights. We have had the hardest time trying to find a permanent place to stay because of this bad rap that pit bulls have. Luckily, hotels don't have breed restrictions and allow any animal to stay in their establishments. While staying in a hotel has been fun, we would desperately like to find an apartment or house while my husband is at this job.
 We are suppose to be staying here in Michigan for over a year or longer. We have been here at the hotel for a little over two months. It's getting old not having a full size kitchen and a separate bedroom for my son. I wish people would get to know my dog ,before making an assumption based on breed. I know I can't be the only one with this kind of problem. I wish there was no such thing as dog fighting or animal cruelty in the world. We love our dog like she is our daughter and life wouldn't be the same without her. My husband says if he can't take his dog on the road with him to where he has to travel to to work, he would quit his job. Just like people, all dogs should be treated equally!

No comments: